Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Koven is ONE - Urban Baby | Wilmington, NC Baby Photographer

Happy - the whole session - absolutely happy. When Michelle contacted me about doing his 1 year session - but stated she wanted something different - not the beach, not the park - I knew we had to head downtown.


I'll tell you - I had a hard time narrowing down what to show on the blog - I love them all and can't wait to go through the rest of the bunch!


Oh, and you've seen him before - here's his newborn session: http://danajacksonphotography.blogspot.com/2008/09/meet-koven-ryan.html
We found this great little alley - but it was sloped downward - he thought it was so fun to go barreling down the slope towards us - I was so worried he was going to fall face first!


Ummmm - can you say happy?
And such a little man.
We even made time for a little cake smashing fun! What better place than the downtown fountain - it made clean up a breeze! We got this awesome cake from http://islandcakery.com/ Their deserts are so yummy!!! At first Koven didn't know what to think of the cake. But it didn't take him long to tear it into pieces! Look at that face!
Sigh - so stinking sweet!
And what a trooper - we're walking back to the car and I see these steps - and I so want to get one more shot. And of course, Koven produces!!

Thanks for such an awesome session and thanks for contacting me for all the right occasions!!!! What a celebration we had!

14 comments:

Keri said...

What a fun session Dana! I love urban baby sessions. He is just adorable...so cute & expressive!!

Janice said...

He is adorable!! I love all his expressions that you captured. These are so fantastic and fun! Great job Dana as always!

Stephanie Bowling said...

What a cutie! Looks like so much fun! Great job on these!

Gabensysmom said...

So fun! Love the outdoors cake smash, and his little expressions are so cute!! Wonderful :)

Christine said...

WOW! Those are awesome! They are different. SOOOOO cool. What a handsome little boy too.

Debbra said...

Very fun session! Awesome job!!! such a cutie!

Sweet Fields Blog said...

omg, these are SOOO CUTE!

Melissa K said...

LOVE them!!! I know Michelle must be so happy with how they turned out!

~Amber said...

what a lil cutie!!! he's soo stinkin darling!!! makes me smile! love the down town location!

Photography By Alyssa said...

Wow so glad mom and dad did something out of the norm. These came out fantastic. I love his smile.

Heather Latimer said...

What a good little baby! He is adorable, and I can tell you all had so much fun at your session!

jaimiers said...

What a fun shoot! Great locations, and what a cute personality! I'm sure it'll be hard to choose just a few! I could see this making an ADORABLE book!

Summer said...

You can just see his energy ALL over these images! He looks like such a fun little kid and I think you captured it perfectly!

KDB Photography said...

dana these are absolutely priceless. I LOVE THESE! The cake by the fountain, is one in a million, and a little easier to clean up too!


My Love!

About Me

My photo
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
I love a lot of people,things, ideas, stuff. One of my loves is to witness people connecting with other people, things, ideas, stuff. I love connections, I love to capture people connecting, and I'd love to share that with you!