Monday, August 24, 2009

Celebrating Ben - 6 weeks old | Wilmington NC Baby Photographer

I was so excited to do this session. Mom and I had been talking about it for a while - and then when we were scheduled to do it - the baby acne showed up - and then I went out of town - so, next thing you know, Ben is 6 weeks old!!! You never know what you're going to get at any newborn session - but 6 weeks can be even more unpredictable. This is when they stop sleeping so soundly, the arms are flailing a lot, and moods are variable. Well, Ben was a dream!!!!!

When I saw his room all done up in Dr. Seuss - I knew I had to get at least a couple shots in there. A dear friend painted this book shelf for him - and look - it's Ben's Pig Band!

And then I did get him to sleep - after I tightly swaddled - and then slowly let his arms go - and then worked quickly - because he didn't stay asleep long! But look - see his sweet eyelashes - almost translucent!
The great thing about 6-weekers - they are much more likely to smile!!! And Ben - man did he smile! They call him Popeye - wonder why?
And how about a LOL - for those not familiar with text jargon - that's Laugh Out Loud! Oh, I could just eat him up - such a happy little man!

And on a more serious note - there's nothing like a sweet moment captured between a mom and her son. Look how strong he is!!!!! Sigh - babies grow up so fast!
What a great session it was - thanks so much for chosing me as your photographer!!!!

15 comments:

Summer said...

Ohhhh sweet baby! LOVE that sleeping baby shot! wahoo!

Christine said...

awe Dana these totally made me smile. I LOVE the first one!

Stephanie Bowling said...

Awww...how gorgeous! I love the dr. suess shelf and the black and white of mom and baby...just precious!

Janice said...

What a cutie!! Love the big smiles and the popeye wink!

willowdawn said...

Oh, the wink and LOL shots are to DIE for! Mom needs those big for her walls. Great work capturing the little cutie!

Laurie Sachs Photography said...

What a beautiful boy! Ii love the feel of these, like a day in his little life, awesome.

Aimee said...

What a cutie...love that first image!

Keri said...

These are stunning! I love all the smiles and the Popeye shot. And that bookshelf is amazing!

San Hardy Photography said...

these are just great! love the mom and baby shots

Beth Cleaveland said...

Great shots of a beautiful boy! That Popeye one cracked me up.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That Dr. Suess shelf was so neat! Wonderful pictures of a very handsome little guy!!

Gabensysmom said...

So cute! What a happy little guy! Love all the colors :)

Jaimie said...

Aw, what a cutie! I love the LOL one!! What a sweet moment with mom, too. I'd be blowing that one up BIG if I were her!!

Debbra said...

Oh my goodness! These are awesome! love the little wink! ;)

~Amber said...

what a happy lil guy! he's really really cute! i love all of these portraits!


My Love!

About Me

My photo
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
I love a lot of people,things, ideas, stuff. One of my loves is to witness people connecting with other people, things, ideas, stuff. I love connections, I love to capture people connecting, and I'd love to share that with you!