Friday, August 7, 2009

Celebrating Newborns - 10 day old Nolan | Newborn Photographer Kure Beach, NC

I've been taking pictures of big sister K for a couple years, now - she goes to preschool with Silas (my son) and I take their school pictures. So I was delighted when they asked me to take Nolan's newborn portraits. It was a long day - but man - I got some fun images.

He started out WIDE awake - and I mean wide awake. Look at those beautiful blue eyes.

Just having fun!
And then he konked out - I've been wanting to do a shot like this for a while - and finally figured out how to do it!!!
I don't know what it is about this one that I love so much - sweet sleeping baby, chin rolls, pouty lips - sigh.
I love seeing his eye lashes in this one - and of course those lips!
No words - just melt my heart. Mom and dad are going to have to watch big sister K - look at those eyes.
Ok, now I totally had to share this! Normally I don't allow personal cameras to be brought out during a session - but how could I say no to a budding photographer. And look - she likes close-ups, too!
Congrats to you on your new addition to your family - it was so fun!
**remember we all love comments!**

23 comments:

Stephanie Bowling said...

Wow...these are just gorgeous! I have too many favorites to choose one from this set! Beautiful work!

Shannon Osborne Photography said...

Lovely set as always, Dana!!

Jessica said...

What a gorgeous baby--and so many fun shots! Not your typical portraits, but I love what you captured in those last two--such the essence of a new big sister:).

melissa k said...

love them! esprcially the one of him wrapped up.

Beth Cleaveland said...

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family!

Keri said...

These are gorgeous, Dana! I always enjoy seeing you put your style into newborn sessions. Beautiful work...they will be thrilled!

Kimberli said...

Its the lips, Dana! Baby lips are so awesome! Love the last photo of big sis. what a fun session!

Tina Ramirez said...

Oh my goodness Dana! These are fantastic. I love the one of big sis jumping on the bed, then the one all wrapped up made my heart smile and then laying with big sis made me sigh. All of them are perfect!

Heather Latimer said...

Oh, so sweet all of these! The one in the brown wrap is gorgeous. Those last two are so cute!

Heather Latimer said...

Oh, so sweet all of these! The one in the brown wrap is gorgeous. Those last two are so cute!

Ketti Photography said...

Dana, I love these! The big sis jumping on the bed is genius. What a great session!

Photography by Li said...

These are so beautiful! Such a sweet baby. Love the snuggly, wrapped pose! :)

Kati said...

oh my goodness Dana, these literally gave me goosebumps!! Lot's of love in that family!

Sweet Fields Blog said...

Dana, these are gorgeous!! The 5th one - of baby's eyelashes and lips - is absolutely beautiful!

Laurie Sachs Photography said...

Wonderful session Dana! What beautiful children!!!

Jill Hardy said...

amazing session! those kids are both so gorgeous!!!! beautiful work!

Kristen said...

Loved all these, but I think my fav is baby on big sis's belly. Her eyes are gorgeous! Amazing work!

Brandi said...

oh my gosh, they are all gorgeous, but the last photo with the big sister is jaw-droppingly stunning!

Gabensysmom said...

Oh WOW!! You rocked this session!! LOVE the one with them on the bed and big sis is jumping...and the other of them together...stunning. Great job!

Aubrey said...

these are amazing!! Big sis sure is a cutie, that pic of the 2 of them is just stunning!!

Megan said...

love the last three. Great job! The baby on the big sis is gorge!

Jaimie said...

These are just so beautiful! You really captured this family and their personalities. I adore the one with him laying on big sister. Just beautiful!

Brittany Robson Photography said...

these are awesome!! i love your work!!


My Love!

About Me

My photo
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
I love a lot of people,things, ideas, stuff. One of my loves is to witness people connecting with other people, things, ideas, stuff. I love connections, I love to capture people connecting, and I'd love to share that with you!