Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hawthorne's at the Beach

I was so excited to be asked to photograph this beautiful family during their annual beach vacation. Sweet Olivia was so proud to be in her dress. She was so cute - she kept holding it up like a wedding dress - trying to protect it.
It was hard to get Olivia to warm up to the idea of having portraits done, but dad was able to squeeze in a few giggles.
Olivia has the coolest cousins! They love her so much - and tried so hard to get her into "portrait" mode. Thanks so much guys for being so helpful! You were so fun to photograph! Some family snuggling on the beach.
As hard as we tried, Olivia really wasn't having much to do with pictures. This picture pretty much sums it up for how she felt about the whole experience. Little does Olivia know, pouty faces still make for great portraits!!
Don't forget to leave comments for this family (or me) if you're looking!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

As always Dana your work is so good! Love the one of Olivia & her Dad.

Sweet Fields Blog said...

I love these!! Your conversion is amazing, and as usual, I am in awe of your use of full sun to create beautiful portraits. Beautiful family and gorgeous little girl! I love those blonde curls! :)

Kimberli said...

I'm constantly explaining to clients that its not SMILES that make a great photo... it is EXPRESSIONS. Photos should capture personality, and if Olivia's personality is shy and contemplative, then you did a great job. Regardless, beautiful photos! Lovely scenery.

Keri said...

These are beautiful Dana!


My Love!

About Me

My photo
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
I love a lot of people,things, ideas, stuff. One of my loves is to witness people connecting with other people, things, ideas, stuff. I love connections, I love to capture people connecting, and I'd love to share that with you!