Thursday, October 14, 2010

Life Celebrated at the Arboretum | Wilmington, NC Photographer

Well, a lot of firsts for me during this session. Inspired by my friend Angela - and amazing photographer in the Bay area in CA, I really wanted to try my hand a including video during a portrait session. Luckily I was working with an amazing family and didn't mind the patience it required as I tried to figure it out as I went along. I kept pressing the wrong buttons on my camera - def. a learning curve. Then I had to figure out how in the world to EDIT video - I've never done that (and as you can see there are some spots where I didn't get the video length quite right). I will go back and play some more with making the video blend in a bit better, but Karla's been waiting long enough! Then is is my first time incorporating any kind of slideshow into my blog. I'm a little giddy - a little feeling like pulling my hair out at this whole process - but mostly giddy. I can see this really working for some of the families I photograph - especially "day in the life sessions".

Oh, and the slideshow is a little blurry here - because I really wanted everyone to see it a bit bigger - I promise all the images and even the video is nice and sharp!

Karla - thank you again for letting me play during our session. You guys were the best!

3 comments:

Vinny & Megan said...

That is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this Dana, what a great idea!!! What a beautiful family:)
~Bethany Brasili~

Heather said...

Dana this is absolutely amazing! Beautiful!


My Love!

About Me

My photo
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
I love a lot of people,things, ideas, stuff. One of my loves is to witness people connecting with other people, things, ideas, stuff. I love connections, I love to capture people connecting, and I'd love to share that with you!