Thursday, December 31, 2009

Meet Elsa - just 8 days old

You saw the maternity pictures of this family not too long ago - mommy was absolutely glowing and the kids were so excited http://danajacksonphotography.blogspot.com/2009/11/yep-shes-beautiful-wilmington-nc.html. Well, she's here - and beautiful! Born at home - to one awesome family that has been so patient waiting for the blog! I photographed her 2 days before Christmas - and then took some time off. But I'm so glad I got in early - newborns really do photograph best in their first 10 days of life.
When I got there she was ready for a nap - perfect for me!

Do you see her sweet smile?
Then she woke up - and mom was feeding and settling her - and I turned around and saw big sister. It has to be hard to have a new baby in the house and to no longer be the only girl. I had to snap and share this picture!
And then - I turn around - back to mom and baby - and sweet Elsa has the biggest grin!!!
And now, in daddy's arms - she is gazing right at him.
Getting 2 siblings with a newborn isn't always an easy task - but these kiddos were so good. Normally I wouldn't try this with a baby that was awake - but Elsa didn't seem like she was going to sleep anytime soon. I'm glad I tried!

6 comments:

melissa said...

LOVE that sibling shot! The parents are just going to love having that shot of their children... I know I would! :)

Gabensysmom said...

How adorable is that last picture!?!!! LOVE it! Great job with the whole set :) Gorgeous family!

Christine said...

Those are so great Dana. I love the one of all 3 siblings. So adorable!!!

Laurie Sachs Photography said...

How adorable!!! These are lovely, and the shot of the three of them is just the best Christmas photo ever!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Leandra said...

Love that last shot in the jammies- such a great idea.


My Love!

About Me

My photo
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
I love a lot of people,things, ideas, stuff. One of my loves is to witness people connecting with other people, things, ideas, stuff. I love connections, I love to capture people connecting, and I'd love to share that with you!