Friday, June 26, 2009

Celebrating Family | Family Photographer, Kure Beach, NC

It's always fun photographing families - but it adds a different challenge when you are photographing a photograher's family! For me there's this added pressure to get it right - and at the same time a relaxed calm knowing my subject knows exactly what I'm going through! Meet Lisa from http://sentimentalphotography.com/ and her beautiful family - and boy are they beautiful!
We even managed to get the family dog in there!
Now, I debated whether or not to show this - but Lisa gave me the go-ahead - so thanks Lisa! Now, you all know I have a 4.5 year old - so I know my time is coming. But I haven't quite gotten to the stage of teenage dagger eyes (though I remember giving them to my mom!). Lisa's daughter is absolutely beautiful - this beautiful red hair - gorgeous eyes - just beautiful. Well, she is also 13. Does that tell you anything? She was sitting on the rocks - posing while I adjusted my camera settings - and Lisa made a comment about "cheesing" too hard - and look at the look she gave! This was literally a split second after the first shot. I love it - I really do. You guys know me - it's all about celebrating LIFE - all parts of it! The clouds were so awesome on our session day - I got some of the BEST silhouettes! Lisa's family were so patient with me while I had them keep doing different things - her son even got a catctus splinter in his toe - and still kept working for me! This first one was done at the beginning of the session - the second on at the end. What a cool family!

And a close-up of Lisa and her husband - Thanks for being such an awesome family to work with! I hope you are as happy with the images as I am!
Don't forget to leave comments - there's two photographers looking now!!!

17 comments:

Cherron McDonald said...

They are a gorgeous family! The daughter is really stunning, dagger eyes and all. ;)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!!!!! awesome work Dana, as always, and what a gorgeous family! I had to giggle at the dagger eyes, I am sure my time will come soon with 2 girls!

GORGOUES sunset pics!

Sweet Fields Blog said...

These are amazing! The two family silhouettes almost made me teary, for some reason. I love how they are looking at EACHOTHER in the silhouette rather than looking off. It's perfect.

keri said...

Beautiful work Dana! What a gorgeous family...I love "the look" you captured.

Melinda Dillman said...

Gorgeous! I love the silhouette shots!

Lisa V. said...

Well....you did it again! Love them! Your blogging was too nice. Erica wasn't real thrilled with her debut, but I loved it!!! Yes, she is 13 going on 21! Can't wait to get my goodies all going on - have fabulous ideas!
Thank you Dana - you're the bomb. As a photographer, it's so nice to "release" the duties and play the other side once in a while, knowing the person (behind the camera) is such a great artist, of her own!. Looking forward to getting together soon....

Trista Teeter said...

AWESOME silhouettes!!!! And oh those daggers...what a great shot, lol.

Aimee said...

Wow! LOVE those Dana...great job!

Stacy Laine said...

These are just gorgeous.. I think that's the only word to describe them.. amazing!

jaimiers said...

Gorgeous work, Dana! Gorgeous family, gotta love the "dagger eyes." LOL I love love love those silhouettes! Amazing!

~Amber said...

oooh!!! they are a great fam for the beach portraits! you did fab w/these, now the pressure is off :) off to check out the site you linked!

Gabensysmom said...

What an adorable family! Love all the wonderful captures you got, and those silhouettes are amazing! I went back for a second look at those!!!

Julia said...

Beautiful colors and composition. What a great family!!!! You did a beautiful job.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family!!! I'm so glad you share your work! Great job Dana! Slynda

Melissa said...

These are just absolutely fabulous! The silhouettes are simply amazing - gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

Heather Latimer said...

awesome work, Dana! What a gorgeous family!

Summer said...

I love the dagger eyes! ha ha ha! I CAN definitely wait to get those from my girls! Beautiful family! Amazing work!


My Love!

About Me

My photo
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
I love a lot of people,things, ideas, stuff. One of my loves is to witness people connecting with other people, things, ideas, stuff. I love connections, I love to capture people connecting, and I'd love to share that with you!